- Talk to your kids about the media in their life. Ask your teen how social networking changes lives.
- Keep the lines of communication open with your teen. Know who they are communicating with online.
- Remind your teenager to limit the amount of personal information online.
- Remember that everything your teenager posts is public information. Once it is posted, it is online forever.
- Educate your teenager about cyberbullying and what to do if he or she is a victim of cyberbullying.
Monday, October 11, 2010
By Adair Parr, M.D.